VetPD: Equine Hindlimb Lameness Diagnostics & Therapies
June 1 - June 2
This practical workshop has been designed for equine practitioners with experience with lameness investigations. The course will provide an overview of the causes of equine hindlimb lameness and provide information on diagnostic anaesthetic strategies and interpretation over 2 days.
Topics Covered Include:
- Lameness Examination – Does it matter how it is done?
- Foot, Pastern and Fetlock – Diagnostics (Imaging & Anaesthetic Techniques)
- Foot, Pastern and Fetlock – Conditions & Therapy
- Proximal Metatarsus & Tarsus – Diagnostics (incl. US technique)
- Proximal Metatarsus & Tarsus – Conditions & Therapy
- Objective Lameness Measurement – Principles & Clinical Applications
- Stifle Joint – Diagnostics
- Stifle Joint – Conditions & Therapy
- Hip Joint, Pelvis & Sacroiliac Region – Diagnostics
- Hip Joint, Pelvis & Sacroiliac Region – Conditions & Therapy
- Conventional systemic & intra-articular Joint Therapies
- Systemic & intra-articular Regenerative Therapies
- Subjective Lameness Examination
- Objective Lameness Measurement
- Nerve & Joint Blocks (including ultrasound guided techniques)
- Ultrasound of the Metatarsus, Tarsus or Stifle Joint
- 2 hours of clinical cases evaluated via subjective and objective gait analysis
Roger Smith MA, VetMB, PhD, DEO, Dipl.ECVS, ECVDI Assoc.
- MRCVS European & RCVS Specialist in Equine Surgery
- Professor of Equine Orthopaedics, Royal Veterinary College, London, England
Chris O’Sullivan BVSc Dip VCS MS MACVSc DACVS
- Australian Specialist in Equine Surgery
- Partner and Equine Surgeon, Randwick Equine Centre, Sydney, Australia
Kevin Keegan DVM, MS, Dipl.ACVS
- American Specialist in Equine Surgery
- Professor of Equine Surgery, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
- Lectures & Practicals will take place at South Eastern Equine Hospital in Melbourne.