VetPD: Equine Internal Medicine Challenges for Advanced Practitioners
March 7 - March 8
This practical workshop has been designed for equine practitioners with a good working knowledge of internal medicine. Challenging conditions in equine internal medicine, and new developments will be covered in lectures and hands-on sessions over 2 days.
Topics Covered Include:
- Equine Abdominal Ultrasound: Valuable Tips & Tricks
- Point of Care Testing: How to use in the field (iSTAT, Lactate meters, Glucometers, iPhone ECG, Coagulation Testing)
- Making Sense of Lower Airway Test Results & Therapeutic Strategies
- Hepatic Diseases (incl. laboratory & biopsy interpretation)
- An Update on Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
- Investigation of the Thin Horse
- Urinary Tract Disorders in Adults & Foals
- Pleural & Pericardial Diseases of the horse
- Equine Abdominal Ultrasound
- How to perform Liver and Renal Biopsies
- Clinical Pathology (incl. Point of Care Testing)
- Respiratory Endoscopy – focus on TTW, BAL, Guttural Pouch Lavage
- Endoscopy of the Urinary Tract
- Advanced Gastroscopic Techniques
- Equine Thoracic (including Cardiac) Ultrasound
TOM DIVERS DVM, DACVIM, DACVECC (Cornell University, NY, USA)
FRANK ANDREWS BS, DVM, MS, DACVIM, LALVMA (Louisiana State University, LA, USA)
JENNY SONIS DVM, MS, DACVIM (Veterinary Associates Equine & Farm, Karaka, NZ)
- Lectures will take place at the NZ Bloodstock Centre Sales Complex in Karaka, Auckland.
- Practicals take place at Veterinary Associates Equine & Farm.
BCF Client Offer
BCF Ultrasound are offering 4 discounted spaces on a first-come-first-served basis to our loyal customers. Use the voucher code below during registration on the VetPD Website.